To make Capitol Hill a “house of prayer for all nations” (Isaiah 56:7) where prayers, requests and intercessions are made for everyone and where prayer is integrated into every function, ministry and program of the church.
When you need help, call on God through prayer. We offer several ways for you to have others involved in lifting your prayer requests and praises to the Lord.
1. Daily Morning, Afternoon and Friday Night Prayer Line
Join a group of prayer warriors that pray every morning at 7:00 am to 8:00 am and afternoon at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Monday - Friday and every Friday night during "Prayer Express" at 8:00pm to 9:00 pm. Call (515) 604-9588 access code 690556#.
2. Visit our Prayer Rooms on Sabbath Morning
We’d love to pray with you in person. On Sabbath mornings, you may pray with someone, or alone, in the Prayer Rooms before, during, or after the worship services.
- Before the 11:00 a.m. Sabbath service, you can find a warm and caring Spiritual Care volunteer available to pray with and encourage you in our Prayer Room located in the balcony. If you need any assistance locating the prayer room, an Usher or a volunteer at our Welcome Center can direct you.
- Following the worship service, our Elders are available to pray with you in the Elders Room located behind the Sanctuary. If you need any assistance locating the Elders Room, an Usher or a volunteer at our Welcome Center can direct you.
3. Add Your Request to the Weekly Prayer List
Spiritual Care Team members receive the church’s prayer list via e-mail each week and will pray for your request. You can add your request to this list in one of two ways:
- Contact Spiritual Care Ministry directly with your request/s and contact information.
- Use the Prayer Request form at the Welcome Center. Simply write down your request and place the form in the offering plate when it passes by. It will be given to our Spiritual Care Ministry Leader.
4. Post Your Prayer Requests / Praise Reports to the Online Prayer Exchange
The Prayer Exchange allows anyone to post a prayer request or praise report. Our Spiritual Care team reviews requests during normal business hours before posting them to the site.
Do you have a prayer request or praise report that you would like to submit to the prayer team? Please enter your prayer request or praise report in the form below. You may also elect to have your prayer requests or praise reports posted so that others can join with you in prayer.
Please note all prayer requests and praise report submissions are moderated before posting to ensure that entries are not spam or in-appropriate material. All moderated prayer requests and praise reports will be posted daily during regular church office hours.
What would you like us to pray for?
Please feel free to share as much information you desire concerning your prayer request or praise report.
Tell us how how we can be a blessing to you
We would like to hear from you. Please send us a message by filling out the form and we will get back with you shortly.